Multicloud management: solution to reduce business complexities
In 2017, 49% of companies using a SaaS (Software as a Service) service had adopted a multicloud strategy. By the end of 2022, this number is set to grow to 75%. That’s according to Gartner1, drawing attention to what is now a truth that can be shared on many fronts: the word cloud is synonymous with multicloud, given that most companies use multiple public and private clouds. This approach eliminates crucial challenges such as vendor lock-in or latency, and enables easy management of cloud costs. Thus, the need for tools to effectively administer the multicloud arises.
What are multicloud management tools
Multicloud management tools provide unified visibility into all cloud services. Companies can then centralize the monitoring of cloud spending and usage, enforce governance policies, and secure access.
A multicloud management system primarily helps achieve three goals:
– Workflow automation: you can take the necessary steps to create and manage computing instances without human intervention.
– Self-service capabilities: by overcoming the traditional and burdensome processes related to IT resource provisioning.
– Cloud analytics: With cloud analytics and monitoring, you can use the best available services based on your needs. Also, in case of non-optimized resources, you can change cloud providers or migrate workloads from public to private cloud for securitization and performance quality needs.
Multicloud management tools are becoming the industry standard towards tackling multicloud pains. In fact, according to a ZDNet2 study, 74% of respondents cited technology complexity as the primary challenge in adopting a multicloud approach. We as WESTPOLE know our ins and outs inside these tools and would be more than willing to assist you in implementing a multicloud strategy which incorporates multicloud management tools.
Multi-cloud management tools: Morpheus
Multicloud environments require new management solutions to optimize performance, control costs, and protect complicated mixes of applications and environments.
Morpheus is a multi-tenant hybrid cloud management platform that enables companies to differentiate themselves with a unified approach to self-service application provisioning, governance, and brokerage across private, hosted, and public clouds.
Focused on applications, Hybrid Cloud Management is an automated cloud management framework whose strengths include self-service provisioning and code-free integration.
Automation is achieved with on-premises hypervisors, multiple cloud services and swapping technologies, allowing you to avoid falling back on vendor lock-in. Morpheus equips its platform with a hundred codeless integrations and a plug-in SDK to create your own integrations. It is one of the most widely used platforms for data management.
Morpheus enables a systematic approach to multi-cloud management. By leveraging the powerful self-service functionalities inside the platform, innovation is accelerated across teams, tools, and technology stacks:
- CloudOps gets a turnkey platform to cloud-enable on-premises IT and control public cloud access
- DevOps gets the ability to instantly provision new applications when, where, and how they want
- BizOps gets tools to consolidate reporting, lower cloud costs, and assure enterprise compliance